Sunday, December 21, 2008

New Recruits!

So, we've got some new recruits for the couch-to-5K plan:

Michele "LSU Runner" C. Michele is my tennis partner and swimming buddy who recently moved away to Birmingham. She is a college runner and high school track coach, but has had a recurrent ankle problem and is just starting her recovery plan.

Aimee "new Mom" W. Aimee's husband is in my triathlon club and turned me on to the "Spinervals" DVD series. In turn, I gave him "Yoga for Triathletes". I think I got the better end of that deal! Aimee and Steve are adoping a child from Ethiopia this year so keep them in your thoughts.

Cindy "Apple Queen" Z. Cindy is my aunt from Ellijay, Georgia (Ellijay is the apple capital of Georgia, in case you didn't know). and she is getting back into running after some IT band issues and a running hiatus. Uncle Mike is out with plantar fasciitus or I would have recruited him too.

Charlie "the Engine" (get it? The little engine that could?) from Running Nowhere Fast. Charlie is my internet friend who is also on the recovery train, and is hoping to get clearance from his doctor to run this week.

Sara "Yule" H. Sara and her husband lived across the street from us in our first house in Roswell, when Annie was just a pup and nobody had any kids. Sara has lost over 80 lbs and runs and walks a lot. She is starting to train for her first triathlon this year so she thought the running plan would be a good starting place to build to her triathlon.

I'll send out emails to the lot of you as soon as I've created a distribution list. I'm still not up to walking yet but am hopeful that I'll at least be able to do the walking portions of the training after Christmas with anyone who needs a buddy. I visit the physical therapist tomorrow and am crossing my fingers for a shorter recovery period. The internet research on the subject of stress fractures generally and calcaneal stress fractures in particular has really depressed me today.

If you or anyone else is thinking about joining in, it's not too late! Send me an email or pmail on BT or a Facebook note. Heck, it's never too late!!! I'll egg you on whenever you decide to start running.

In other news, we've cleaned our ovens today and are recovering from two pee accidents last night. And, if anyone has suggestions on how to contain/govern a three-year-old during Mass, please let me know. Dagny was horrible today - we have to leave twice for time-outs.

5 comments:

Dorothy Gould said...

Steph-
Mass is very hard at this age. Ours go in the nursery every Sunday and love it. I work there once a month or so, and the ladies who run it are great. We are going to 6pm Mass on Christmas Eve, and the twins are staying home with Nana. We will all be much happier that way! I just think it's too much to expect an hour of quiet and still at this age...just my two cents.

Charlie said...

Hi Steph, I love the title!

This is Charlie the Engine that CAN! An early Christmas present for me...I received clearance from my doctor to start running, so this is a great way for me to start my running back up slowly!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!
Charlie

Kevin said...

Hope the physical therapist had some good news for you. My recovery is going well. I am thinking about running the new years 5K. I am up to running 3 miles with 1 minute walk breaks every mile.

wow gold said...

Yourwow gold PVP statswow gold are now buy wow goldalso active buy wow goldin your charactercheap wow gold tab, keepingcheap wow gold track of wow power levelingyour performance wow power levelingin PVP. power leveling In additionpower leveling your new PVP .

wow gold said...

Welcome wow gold to MGsale.com, wow gold a world class buy wow gold professional and buy wow gold reliable World of cheap wow gold Warcraft Gold, cheap wow gold WOW Power world of warcrft gold Leveling and world of warcrft gold WOW accounts exchange wow power leveling online store. We power leveling promise to provide world of warcraft power leveling our customers wow gold with cheap wow wow gold gold, different buy wow gold kinds of wow buy wow gold accounts and different cheap wow gold level WOW PL cheap wow gold services. Nowadays, world of warcraft gold World of Warcraft world of warcraft gold is the most popular massively multiplayer.