Thursday, October 06, 2005

ETA

Went for my regularly scheduled doctor appointment today to learn that, no - I'm not in labor. No big surprise there, but my doctor said that we can induce me if I'd like to. I don't really know if I'd like to - wouldn't it be better to wait for my body to do what it is supposed to do? Then again, wouldn't it be nice to know when the baby is coming so I can have "things" well in hand?

After consultation with Doug, we decided that Monday is fine with us. I was induced with Annika because I went past my due date anyway (which, in this case is Wednesday) so what difference would the two days really make? Also consulted with my sister (the OB/Gyn) and she said that it was OK so Sunday night we are going in for the cervadil and then pitocin on Monday. I know that many practices are "non-interventionist" and would let me go past my date, but as I obsess with the kick-counting and whether the baby is moving enough and grow more and more uncomfortable, I think that I don't mind the intervening so long as there is a healthy baby at the end.

It's much easier for me to check if the baby is breathing if I can see her.

No comments: