Friday, October 28, 2005

I never . . .

Remember that drinking game called "I never" where you had to say something that you had done and then everyone else in the group who had done it had to drink?

I was thinking about that game the other day and then about the things in my life that I swore I'd never do, and have done or am continuing to do:

1. Get married
2. Have kids
3. Run, for fun
4. Color my hair
5. Stay at home with kids
6. Play golf
7. Say "because I said so"
8. Live in the suburbs
9. Take a wine class
10. Breastfeed
11. Get a dog and not have a cat
12. Send a photo Christmas card
13. Wear a jaw clip in my hair and consider it "done"
14. Get up at 5 am without an alarm
15. Have an entire load of pink laundry every week (or less)
16. Write a blog

Feel free to add your "I nevers"

2 comments:

Dogwood Girl said...

I think about this daily. Especially when I say, "because I told you so."

I never thought that i would go days without listening to music, or skip seeing my favorite bands because I was at home with kids.

I NEVER thought i would drive a mini-van and LIKE it.

I never thought i would love something more than my dog.

And yes, I never thought i would live such a life of luxury, glamour, and adventure. My Barbies only dreamed of lives like this.

Steph Bachman said...

I forgot about never owning a miniature Georgia Bulldogs cheerleader outfit. We now have 3 - all in different sizes.