Tuesday, January 23, 2007

P says pppp

It's P week at Annika's school this week. For that reason, they are wearing pajamas to school today, having popcorn and a movie for snacktime and a pizza party for lunch. For breakfast, we even had pancakes. I'm out, though, and can't think of any other "p"s to have for dinner except peas. Any ideas?

In other news, I finally came through on my promise to Dorothy and gave blood yesterday. They were having a drive in the office park at work. The participation was low, but overwhelmingly female. You would think that the men would be more likely to give, but not this day. It had been 8 years (I had signed up to donate one other time, but had to cancel when I got pregnant with Dagny) since my last donation, so I am surprised at how punk I feel today despite not feeling light-headed at all yesterday (usually I do). Maybe it is a consequence of getting old. If you want to give, here is the site to make an appointment. You can search by your zip code for a convenient location and make an appointment online.

2 comments:

Dorothy Gould said...

Yay Steph! I am glad you were able to donate. I need to try again myself.
What about pasta for dinner, or even peanut butter and jelly? If Annika is anything like Sophie she will love the idea of lunch for dinner.

liotma said...

Didn't Peter Rabbit look for parsnips in Mr. McGregor's garden? They need a little more cooking time than carrots. You could garnish with parsley!