Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Miss Independent

Dagny wears underpants at night now. My Grammy can't understand why we didn't take the pull-ups away sooner, but Grammy isn't the one who has been changing and washing Annika's sheets 2-3 times per week for the last two years.

Anyway, Dagny told us last week that she was ready to wear underpants at night. Since she has been getting up to use the potty at night and taking her pull-up off anyway, and we were out of pull-ups, it seemed like as good a time as any. And so far it has worked well. She wakes up in the middle of the night, takes herself to the potty, and gets back in bed.

Awesome, right?

Unless she has a bad poop or runs out of toilet paper.

This morning she came downstairs and confessed to having dropped a washcloth in the potty.

"I'm sorry I dropped the washcloth in the potty, Mommy."

"Did you flush it?" [Eyes widening in alarm]

"No, I put it in the sink"

"After it was wet from being in the potty?"

"Yes." [thinking: where else would you put it?]

SIGH.

Yes, she peed and pooped in the potty, wiped herself with at least one and what looked like several washcloths, dropped one in the potty, carried it over to the sink and then went right back to bed. I disinfected the whole room. Ugh. I'm ignoring for now the idea that she brushed her teeth this morning in the sink where the potty washcloth was.

6 comments:

Wes said...

That that that that don't kill us... :-)

Trish Sharp said...

that rules!!!!! i love it.
atleast she didn't crawl under the bed to the middle and vomit at 4 am like my dog does. then your stuck moving the bed in the middle of the night to clean up puck. sooooo fun.

i have decided to cheat on the bread making and bought some wheat gluten. i tried it with the white sandwhich bread i made the other day. i do believe it help with the rising. also i used milk instead of water. so i think that we should try a whole wheat loaf with milk and not water and add a little wheat gluten to see how that goes. what do ya think???

Jen said...

Your kids make me laugh so hard! they are so great. :)

Jen

Heather said...

That is so disgusting, but still made me laugh! :)

Nat said...

I really think it is stuff like this that helps kids build their immune systems.

Dorothy Gould said...

Better for you to have to clean up a bathroom and some washcloths than be woken up to help her, right? Mine like those flushable wet wipes,something I swore I'd never do, but it does make it easier for them to wipe. Great,now I have stooped to telling all our potty tricks...