Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Rainy Days

Rainy days are difficult with kids at home. Everyone gets crabby, boredom sets in, tempers flare, nothing good happens - unless you live at my house. When it rains, Doug frequently comes home during the day because not much work happens in construction when it is raining. Yesterday the weather was crappy, cold and rainy but Doug came home for lunch and then made a yummy soup for our dinner. I made a nice soda bread - from my new cookbook. I didn't get my work done because Dagny wasn't napping well (typical) and I was making the bread, but it was a nice day.

3 comments:

Dogwood Girl said...

Oh, you lucky duck! Husband coming home during the day is the best!!!

Camille and i talked on the phone for an hour yesterday about how hard the mom thing is. . . she said she had already talked to you too.

I think it is supposed to clear up today, so no Doug coming home, but we are excited about being able to get out this afternoon. P-A-R-K!

Kat or Mike said...

Its also nice when the wife(boobs) come home early from work as well, says the father at home. Can I be in your special club?
Mike

Steph Bachman said...

yes, join the club! : )