Friday, August 11, 2006

Walk the Line

3.22 miles this morning in about 40 minutes - 13.3 minute miles (approx). I ran up about 4 hills, but with tiny baby steps and not for very long at a time. I've done a lot of research on the knee issues this week and it looks like I need to have a support band on my "bad" knee so that I don't compensate with my other knee and I need to do more strength training on both legs. So, that will be OK. I won't get to do my long run this week - and it would take too long to walk it, so I will probably go super early and walk on Sat and Sun. It will suck since I have to be home at 5am on Sat for Doug to leave, but it's better than nothing.

2 comments:

Colin said...

Why don't you take up biking? Less wear and tear on your body...and I happen to know someone who could give you some good advice on getting started...

Steph Bachman said...

Thanks : )

I've thought of doing that. Unfortunately, biking is not so safe in our area because of the cars. Swimming, though, may be in my future.