Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Never Say Never

I swore I'd never be that woman - the one who feeds her kids macaroni and cheese and hot dogs instead of fruits, vegetables and decent food.

However, in the midst of trying to get the stuff together for the church consignment sale and a work crisis and my mother-in-law on the phone (volunteering to keep my kids, bless her), I made an executive decision. Desperate times call for desperate measures. We had hot dogs, macaroni and cheese and cantaloupe for lunch. Both kids and mom ate like truckers and felt much better after all of the drama.

I don't feel so good now (hot dogs are not my friend) but the stuff is ready for the sale, the crisis is smoothed, the girls are in bed and now I can concentrate on paying the bills.

4 comments:

Dogwood Girl said...

That's the first time you had hot dogs and mac and cheese? You are amazing. I broke down years ago.

Steph Bachman said...

We have mac-n-cheese all of the time, but I don't usually serve them WITH the hot dogs. Usually I try to break up the crappy food on separate days.

Nat said...

Gotta say I've never given my kids hot dogs but that is because I think they are way too suspect. I am guilty of some chicken fingers and mac n cheese many of nights.

Colin said...

I have hot dogs with mac-n-cheez all the time...it covers almost every food group, plus some that haven't been invented yet!
And by the way, ANYONE who was once a regular contributor to the Book of Thot is plenty deep enough for Postmodern American Lit.