Seeing as how it is now 8:35 and my little friends are still asleep, we didn't make it to the fun run. Next time . . . It's OK, though, because this was a one mile race and I don't know if Annika is ready to do a whole mile yet.
In other news, here is the list of winter marathons (my first!) we are considering, in no particular order. Lotzie - you could be ready in time for any of these! Miami looks good but might be too hot. Phoenix looks fun but is really far. St Jude might be too early and Joe says that Las Vegas is for fun and not marathons. I may be too old to go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Anyway, anyone who has thoughts on these races or has done them, please give me your thoughts:
- Miami Marathon 1/25/2009
- Phoenix Rock-n-Roll Marathon 1/18/09
- Rocket City Marathon (Huntsville, AL) 12/13/2008
- Las Vegas Marathon 12/7/2008
- Dallas Marathon 12/14/2008
- Kiawah Island Marathon 12/6/2008
- St Jude Memphis Marathon 12/6/2008
- Carlsbad Marathon (Carlsbad, CA) 1/25/2009
- Jacksonville Marathon 12/21/2008
- Houston Marathon 1/18/2009
- New Orleans Mardi Gras Marathon 2/1/2009
I can't build to the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon in time because it is in November and I have to focus on my bike fitness (and just maintain my run mileage) for the SC HIM in September. Therefore, I think it would be a bad idea for me to try to build from the half distance to the whole in one month after doing the really long race in September. Especially given my propensity to injure myself while building to any race. I need extra time and then some more extra time.
Off to shower, happy Saturday everyone.