Monday, February 13, 2006

Stupid Stupid Stupid

Last night, I thought it would be a good idea to leave Annika's valentines to take to school to finish this morning. Then, when he left at 6:30 this morning, Doug said "you should sleep in" because Dagny was up a lot last night, so I did - until 7:10. STUPID.

We were very late for school this morning. Annika ripped the "circles" off of the bottom of all of her cards so they would not close. Then, she forgot how to use stickers to keep the valentines cards from "bouncing open" though she manages to do it to every single birthday card we send though we've discussed repeatedly how I'd like her not to do so. I managed a shower by locking the screaming baby and the dog in the bathroom with me while Annika ate her breakfast and (allegedly) colored her valentines cards. Lunch got made while Dagny gave us more screaming and Annika tried very hard to finish her valentines. Curses on the woman who did all of her valentines early and attached the candy to the cards and brought presents for both teachers.

I had to stop for a coffee and scone just to make myself feel better.

4 comments:

Dogwood Girl said...

haha. That is funny. Valentine's day cards for preschoolers? Great. Something else I will forget to do every year.

Steph Bachman said...

You won't forget - they sent home a memo.

Nat said...

Valentines, grr. I did put candy and bring flowers BUT I had to redo Beau's 5 times because he kept opening them and taking the candy out. I am so glad V day is over. What a PITA.

Kristianna said...

>>Curses on the woman who did all of her valentines early and attached the candy to the cards and brought presents for both teachers.>>

Where do these women 'grow'? I was happy to print out a few sad cards I found free on parents.com, and the pregnant mom of two brought cards for both her kids *and* made TWO kinds of cookies. Man, competition is stiff!