Saturday, August 30, 2008

What She Said

Or, On Breakfast At Our House.

We have new cereal at our house. It's called "Mighty Bites" and is produced by Kashi. I love Kashi. Their cereals have lots of protein and insoluble fiber, which are good for me. Anyway, I gave in to the pressure for the Mighty Bites because it has 4-5 grams of protein and some fiber in it so it's not all bad. It does, however, taste like marshmallows. Ick. But the girls like it. Even Annika. And, the cereal is shaped like little men.

Which has produced the following quotes of the day:

"Mom, I want MEN for breakfast!"

"Give me more MEN - I love men best of all!"

For the record, I mix the men with cheerios when I feed them to the kids.

Dagny, who only eats cereal for breakfast (because she loves cereal like I do) has eaten two bowls of "Os and men" this morning. And, Annika has eaten nearly a whole serving of oatmeal. She asked for oatmeal this morning so I made two servings for her, thinking that I would just eat the leftovers. What leftovers? There are about two spoonfuls left in the pot.

Best of all, it's after 8 o'clock and I haven't lost my marbles yet. Granted, our sole accomplishment of the morning so far is eating breakfast, but we did survive a poopy diaper accident and the preparing of breakfast (only 2 timeouts) so that is a victory.

In other news, I also survived my long run this morning (14 miles) but had to stop 4 times for potty breaks. I think I was dehydrated from yesterday and that made my GI issues worse. I mention this only because (a) it makes me feel better to confess, and (b) I know others have this issue and I don't want them to feel alone. Anyway, Doug and I wrote out my marathon training plan (just the long runs) last night and it was very daunting. There is no wiggle room or procrastination space if I'm going to get in enough training to finish without major strain. Gulp.

8 comments:

Wes said...

ROFL... I think I would trade that cereal for something else. I mean, how will you know when she REALLY means men ;-) They grow up so fast!!

Dorothy Gould said...

Love how you combine it with Cheerios...I do that too when Nana brings the sugar stuff over.

Lauren said...

**singing**

Oh oh here she comes
Watch out boy she'll chew you up
Oh oh here she comes
She's a maneater

skigator93 said...

We also bought that cereal for our girls, but they call it by the more benign "people cereal!"

Karen said...

14miles before breakfast.. or should that be before "men"... yikes!

Jim Purdy said...

You said:
"I gave in to the pressure for the Mighty Bites because it has 4-5 grams of protein and some fiber in it so it's not all bad. It does, however, taste like marshmallows. Ick."

I like getting lots of fiber and protein, but a marshmallow taste would seem a little odd. Oh, well, it is supposed to be for kids. I'll just stick with my plain oatmeal. Thanks for the story.

Tara said...

Marshmallows and tiny people would appeal to my kids too. Will have to check that out! Too funny!

Nat said...

Er hum. Update your blog. Pictures please.