Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

We've returned from the belated anniversary weekend AWAY. I planned the trip back in September when I was too pregnant and we didn't have time to go away for the weekend. So, Doug and I dropped the girls off with my folks on Sunday and went to Lake Oconee for two days. It was lovely. We played two rounds of golf, swam in the pool, worked out in the gym, walked around and had decadent meals with wine and lots of dessert. I played my best golf ever - 128 for 18 holes, which is sucky for the rest of the world but FABULOUS for me, especially since I haven't swung a club in six months and we got to experience two really nice courses. Thank you to my friend Debi for suggesting the getaway.

Annika seems to be recovered from the pox, but now might have a sinus infection. Luckily she has a doctor appointment tomorrow so we will get her checked out before sending her back to school. Dagny was angry for all of Sunday afternoon, but warmed up to Nana and Papa by the evening and was happy as a clam when we arrived to pick her up today (WHEW!). It's funny, though, how much I missed these little kiddos. We were driving home from my folks' house and Doug said "well, you're back at work" and I don't mind a bit.

I do want to point out, however, that I am actually sore from playing the golf. It's clearly not a cardio workout, unless you walk, but my forearms and triceps would be really buff if I played regularly - of course, then I probably wouldn't hit so many times per round so who knows.

3 comments:

Kat or Mike said...

Happy anniversary! Who knew golf could tone so effectively...
Mike

Dogwood Girl said...

Happy anniversary, guys! Glad you had a great time. You deserved it. Where did you go again?

Camille said...

Glad that you guys got away! Good for you! Sounds lovely. Hmm- I think I need a break.