Sunday, March 26, 2006

Fight the Power

Yesterday was Saturday, which is one of the days that I have time to run because Doug is home in the morning. Unfortunately, I was so crabby when I got up (and it was wickedly cold) that I couldn't make myself go. It was only after Doug left and I spent 45 minutes with my DVD pal Billy that I felt good enough to consider going outside - and then I was jealous of all of the other folks that got to run. HARUMPH.

I've got to learn something to fight the inertia of not working out/running/doing. It's so easy for me to rationalize why I CAN'T do it (not enough sleep, too busy, got up too late, don't want to shower again) when I know that I will feel so much better if I just do it. My whole day is better if I start with an activity, mentally and physically, but it's just so hard to take that first step.

1 comment:

Nat said...

On the I don't want to do it days you just have to do it and know that no matter how much the run sucks you will feel better for doing it. And sometimes you surprise yourself and have the best run.