Saturday, March 04, 2006

Endorphins are my friend

After a rough morning in which the girls and I went to the post office and then to Sams Club and I nursed a grudge against Doug because he was golfing and I was not and he had "encouraged" me to NOT run this morning, I had a great run this afternoon. Annika took a nap and Doug took care of Dagny. The sun was warm, the breeze was stiff and I ran around the block in 24:48 (8.86 minute miles!). I was feeling so good that I tacked on an extra 0.3 miles instead of doing my cool down. My knee will be complaining tomorrow, but it was worth it. I feel so much better now.

What a beautiful day - all of the creeping phlox and daffodils are blooming, someone's daphne smells awesome and Doug is making ribs for dinner (the in-laws are coming over).

It's funny how a lack of endorphins (and probably some hormones) can make me feel so crappy and mean and nasty and petty. You'd think I would be able to ignore or get past it - especially during Lent, but no.

2 comments:

Camille said...

Under 9 minute miles- good for you!I'm still looking for inspiration to start running again. Keep writing about it- it's helping me.

corinne said...

You're making me feel guilty about not getting out there and getting some exercise, too! I managed to put on another 2 pounds on my last trip....