Thursday, April 27, 2006

No Tunes or Tucking

So, our new plan is to get up early a couple of mornings a week and let me run while Doug showers. Doug conveniently wakes me up as he is leaving for his run. Today I did the loop in 26:03 (9.3 minute miles), which is not bad considering that the lights went out as I was leaving and it was too dark to see to turn on my i-pod. Funny how the music keeps you on a good pace. The neighborhood was eerily dark and quiet - electricity seems to create a hum that you don't notice when you go about your business but is quite apparent when it is missing. We had been sharing the lone remaining pair of earbuds (out of 4 known pairs) but wearing sweaty buds grossed me out so bad that Doug hasn't been using his tunes. I was able to get two prospective replacement pairs at Target today so we will see if they are OK. The sweaty reflective vest is also gross but we both still wear that so that we don't get run over.

When I dressed for work on Monday, I could not find any pants that fit well enough to tuck my shirt in. I thought that weaning would cause my remaining baby/get pregnant weight to go away - not so! The boobs are gone, but apparently they have just migrated to my waist. After trying on all possible pants in my closet, I decided to go untucked (horrors!). I steeled myself for the "oh, she's such a slob" and "hmm, not a serious employee" looks as I went into the office. Imagine my surprise upon noticing that NO ONE at the office was tucked except for one really skinny lady. Furthermore, I just noticed that the model in the shirt photo in the link above is also untucked. Maybe tucking is out.

5 comments:

Dorothy Gould said...

I love your description of the migration, it is a sad fact of motherhood,isnt it? But the untucked look does have it's benefits, that's for sure.

Dorothy Gould said...

I love your description of the boob migration, it is a sad fact of motherhood, isn't it? But the un-tucked look is a good thing, can hide lots of little imperfections.....

Dorothy Gould said...

I have noticed that tucking is out as well, which is nice given that mine have migrated as well. I appreciate your post!

Dorothy Gould said...

Steph, i keep thinking that my comments are disappearing, I just noticed the little note at the top that said they will be visible after your approval. Sorry! Feel free to delete! dorothy

Steph Bachman said...

I put the "comment moderation" on after getting some spam comments this week. However, the moderation is a big pain so I may have to take it back off.