Top 10 good things about running at a ridiculous hour of the morning:
1. You get to run
2. No cars - not even the paper guy
3. It's too dark to see the sky, so you have no idea what the weather might do
4. Further the #3, no excuse not to run because rain is coming.
5. You get to see Dale and his dog.
6. 24 minutes, 29 seconds for the 2.8 mile loop (8.75 minute miles)
7. Plenty of time to eat breakfast and drink coffee without kids because they are still asleep.
8. No modesty problem with removing wet clothing/shoes on porch because it's still dark out.
9. No need to add an additional shower to the day.
10. You get to RUN.
In other news, there is a new running store in our area: Spike. It is on Alpharetta Highway in the shopping center where the El Mexica Gourmet, the Bally's and the Applebees are. They have crocs, lots of track shoes (flats and spikes), a huge selection of trail shoes and (best of all) they stock wides. I will be back there - AND, you get a free shirt just for walking in the door. They plan to have group runs on Tues and Thurs (not that I could ever manage to do such a thing).