Friday, April 07, 2006

Slow Day

Both girls are sleeping at the same time, so I have time to upload some photos. The first is Annika speeding around the cul-de-sac at Tara's house on the scooter. She and Charla (the blonde on the left) were fighting HARD over that scooter. As you can see, Annika thinks she won and is doing her Gene Simmons impression. Her new favorite hairstyle is braids and her hair is so curly that the braids themselves actually curl up at the bottom - a little bit like Pippi Longstocking.


In the past two weeks, Dagny has learned to sit in the high chair/booster seat and begun to eat solid food. Her current menu is rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, squash, sweet potatoes and bananas. The peas were too fibrous, so we've had to put them in the back of the cabinet for later. Maybe they would be OK if I mixed them with the bananas, which have an opposite effect, if you know what I mean. Dagny is thrilled to eat the solids and seems to like the chair. A water bottle is also great fun.











I swear that this photo was not sideways when I uploaded it. Anyway, it is Annika and she is saying "not me" to my question about who woke the baby. You may notice that she is standing in the doorway of the room that connects with Dagny's room. "Not me" - yeah, right.











After Annika's second haircut, we paused for a moment on the bench. Annika savored her mint and Dagny laughed at me.











Dagny wakes up happy. My photo composition and lighting are not awesome, but at least I've captured her mood.

Last night, Dagny slept from 9pm to 7am. As if that were not gift enough, she was babbling quietly in her crib at 7, so I snuck into the bathroom for a quick shower. When I emerged, she was back asleep and stayed that way until nearly 9am. HOLY COW! She could have been sleeping 12 hours a night for months now if I'd only have let her! Not really, because we have to get up and moving before 8 most mornings anyway so she would have been awakened (see above) regardless, but imagine the possibilities.

In other news, I am employed, temporarily and part-time. It will be interesting to see how we weather the change. I'm sure it will bring new appreciation for my current position. It's funny how moms who work outside the home can't wait to get home to see their kids and moms who don't work outside the home can't wait for time away. Maybe we should all be a little more thankful for the time we share with those kids. They sure are fun.

1 comment:

Dorothy Gould said...

Steph, Great photos, the girls are such dolls. I am so happy that Dagny is sleeping thru for you....the solids make a difference, and you have given me new hope!