Thursday, April 13, 2006

Share the Load

So, I know that every stupid chain email in the world says this, (but I'm hormonal - what with the weaning and all) and I'm really thankful for my girlfriends (and friends who are not girls) today. Several of my friends are going through rough patches right now and it made me sad to hear of it. OK, it made me cry, but I'm hormonal.

Anyway, whenever I have a crappy day or something bad happens, I know that I can call a friend, or my sisters, or my Mom, or Doug and they will help me feel better about it. Sometimes men are more interested in "solving" than in the "talking me down" but sometimes that perspective is just as necessary - at least to me. And, if I just need the talking, I call a girlfriend and that works. They help me see the bright side and sympathize with me on the bad stuff.

So, anyway, my point is that I'm glad to share the load, whatever it is. You guys are valuable to me and whatever comes up, I'll do what I can to help out.

3 comments:

Dogwood Girl said...

Awww. Not sure what you are talking about, but hope it is not someone i know who is having a rough time. Hope you know I am always there for you, too, and that i know you guys would help me out in a jam, too. Love you!

Colin said...

Steph, I wondered if perhaps the university president meant "the tie that binds," but then I thought that a university president, speaking to the national news media, and who has people writing his statements, would probably say exactly what he means.

Unless he didn't.

corinne said...

Oh, Steph! I hope I wasn't one of the ones making you cry! (although I probably am one of them...) - Thanks for writing this. It really is having a great group of friends like our knitting night group (even the ones like you who can't come very often!) who help me stay sane through stuff like this....