Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?

I've got some favors to ask, dear reader.

Favor #1: Internet and triathlon goddess Sarah is once again hard at work on a contest with folks at Evotri. Please link over to her blog and follow the directions to vote for her. No cash required - just an email. If you have not watched her video yet, do it now. It is truly inspiring.

Favor #2: My dear husband recently sent the following email to all of his friends:

Dear Friends,

At the end of this month I will be running my first marathon as a way to remember a friend that passed and to raise money for a cure for the disease that took her. I've done the training to get myself ready for the race, but I haven't started my second goal. I need your help to raise money for a cure to cystic fibrosis. If you are interested in helping, please follow this link to learn more about cystic fibrosis and to donate. http://www.milesforcysticfibrosis.org/

Thank you,

If you can spare some cash, could you please link over there and donate what you can. 65 Roses is not a fancy organization and they aren't keeping track of what each athlete raises, but runners are requested to seek donations for the team. Those of you that are running, keep an eye out for the runners on the 65 Roses team (purple shirts with red roses) at the ING Marathon/Half Marathon and give them all a big shout-out. Doug didn't publish the story about our friend, so I won't either but she was truly an amazing person and we are lucky to have known her.

Thank you for your support.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

How do we donate to link it with Doug...do we just put his name (Doug Bachman ) in the "I want to support:" window?

Also the link didn't work for me...had to copy and paste into my browser...it may be my popup blocker though.

Charlie

JoeVic said...

Favor 1: I'd seen the link to Sarah's site from yours before and had reviewed. Like her, I'm trying to lose 100 lbs or more and it's not easy. I'm not as young or good looking. :)

Favor 2: I'll see what I can do.

Joe Elswick

Wes said...

Great idea, Stef. I'd love to support you and Doug in running for Cystic Fibrosis. I'll speak with the boss this weekend and see what we can come up with...