Friday, February 09, 2007

Day Off

Today is one of my days off from my office work. In a fit of feeling sorry for myself, I was going to list all of the zillion errands we've done today. Other than the scone from Starbucks, the half-bag of veggie chips (sweet potato, taro, beet-colored sweet potato and something else I've never heard of) and the two trips to the running store, none of it was terribly fun. However, I've done this before on the blog - another Friday when we ran ourselves ragged and got me down. Maybe it would be better if I just didn't try to cram so much stuff into one day.

So, now I'm going to get my work computer and my i-pod and sit on my bed with Annika. She is having "quiet time" today. The days of her taking naps are finished but we are both a little worn down this week so maybe I'll work or maybe it will wait until tomorrow. But at least I've got the laundry going.

2 comments:

Dorothy Gould said...

Steph, I feel ya! No matter how much I cram into one day, there is still more to do. At least laundry is something that you can do "in the background"...until it needs to be folded, of course! Good idea about Annika and the quiet time, we did the same thing when Sophie's nap ended, it was a lifesaver. Hoping your weekend is more restful.....

Nat said...

I live my life in 45 minute or 3 hour increments (since 45 minutes is how long Beau's speech is and Carmella's dance classes, and the time I have between picking Beau up from school and picking up Carmella-- 3 hours is how long Beau's school lasts). I try to see how much I can get crammed into those kidless hours or one kid timeblocks. Because I am sure you have found out that once you have 2 kids getting stuff with only one of them is still infinitely more efficient than doing with 2 of them. I think I burn calories just arranging my errands and I have constant anxiety that I am not using my time as efficiently as I could/should. And then there is Beau and Carmella who are always querying me: Now is this an errand? As if they are trying to nail down that elusive definition of what exactly it is that Mommy does all day, everyday.
Beau still naps and it is a pain in the butt. Do you know how hard it is to constantly move your sleeping 36lb 3 year old every 45 minutes?